User experience & product designer (based in Chonburi, Thailand)
- Help lead Product Design & Development projects for cookware, tools, and gadgets
- Conduct ethnographic research in foreign countries in order to discover user needs and develop cooking innovations
- Develop manufacturing innovations to get ahead of competitors
- Communicate innovation initiatives and projects with others across the company
- Teach and implement Design Thinking methodologies across departments at the factory
- Evaluate the usability and feasibility of innovative concepts developed by the team
- Research cooking principles in order to prove concepts and develop new ideas.
- Create product-related information that can be used in marketing materials
- A strong portfolio is a must
- 3+ years of full-time professional experience is required for this role.
- Experience at a design agency or manufacturer is a big plus.
- Degree or Diploma. Advanced Degree preferred. We prefer candidates with degrees in design-related fields such as Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or Interaction Design, but a strong enough portfolio can suffice.
- Fluency in English is required.
Design skills in product design / industrial design are key in this role.
Knowledge of the Design Thinking process, or the ability to pick it up quickly, is crucial.
Experience conducting user research and field research is a big plus.
Foreign language skills, especially Cantonese and Mandarin, are a big plus.Good communication skills are highly important for this global role.
- Achievement Driven
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing pressures
- Communication and Influencing
How to Apply
To apply for a position at the Innovation Factory, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your Resume
- Your Portfolio (URL or PDF only)
And any ONE of the following:
- A roughly 300 word piece about a concept that has recently interested you, and why. Alternatively, you can record a 2-3 minute video of yourself speaking on this topic.
- A video explaining and exhibiting a project you have worked on (like a Kickstarter video).
- A link to a creative work that you have released in the past, that you are proud of and that you think represents you well.
Need more information? Please contact"email@example.com" or "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Feel free to browse through our website and blog(located at the top right corner of this page) to get to know more about what we do!